Do you have “Your Video” yet?
AMERINDE REPORT | SOURCE: YOUTUBE VIDEO STATS
No? Do you suffer from Gorilla Syndrome? Won’t write much here since this is an article about Video. So, see for yourself! We studied YouTube and some others and collected valuable Video info. This must tell you where the world is going. Have a quick look at statistics and decide for yourself if you should start working on having “Your Video”:
Video Traffic Stats
- 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day, 1.5 trillion per year
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 39 countries and across 54 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or almost 140 views for every person on Earth
- Created in 2007, YouTube has 30,000+ partners from 27 countries around the world
- YouTube pays out millions of dollars a year to partners
- Hundreds of partners are making six figures a year
- Partner revenue has more than doubled for four years in a row
- YouTube is monetizing over 3 billion video views per week globally
- 98 of AdAge's Top 100 advertisers have run campaigns on YouTube and the Google Display NetworkHundreds of advertisers are using TrueView in-stream and 60% of in-stream ads are now skippable
- YouTube has more HD content than any other online video site
- YouTube has thousands of full-length movies with free license
- 10% of YouTube's videos are available in HD
- YouTube mobile gets over 600 million views a day, and traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011
- The YouTube player is embedded across tens of millions of websites
Video Content ID
- Content ID scans over 100 years of video every day
- More than 3,000 partners use Content ID, including every major US network broadcaster, movie studio and record label
- YouTube has more than eight million reference files (over 500,000 hours of material) in our Content ID database; it's among the most comprehensive in the world. The number has doubled in the last year
- Over a third of YouTube's total monetized views come from Content ID
- More than 120 million videos have been claimed by Content ID
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average, and we see more than 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you're interested in — whether it's a friend, or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- Millions of videos are favorited every day
Online Video Marketing
- Forrester Research found out that 60% of all web traffic comes from online videos and 70% of the Top 50 Internet Retailers display videos on their websites. Why? Because:
- A video in search index is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page search results!
- The video may spread virally online driving traffic to your website naturally
- Video on your website, blog and social page helps your online marketing campaigns
- Recent study by comScore: 85.6% of internet users in the US watched online videos
- Wikipedia last year launched Add Media, a function that allows its editors to drag and drop portions of videos into its articles. Across the internet, website managers are scrambling to make video content available for one reason – people love it. Instead of investing in traditional advertising to promote the Ford Fiesta, Ford created The Ford Fiesta Movement, giving 100 individuals Ford Fiestas and having them promote the car on social media. The preliminary results for this campaign are impressive. After six months, it had generated 4.3 million YouTube views. And, most importantly, attracted 50,000 interested customers, 97 percent of whom did not currently own a Ford.
- Online Publishers Association (OPA) report revealed the astonishing facts that out of 80% visitors who viewed the online video advertisement around 46% took some action. According to same report, around 22% viewers visited the related website, 26% searched for more information, 15% visited the company and 12% purchased that specific product.
- Americans are watching online video alongside television, 35% more than last year, according to Neilson.
- In December 2009, viewing of online video was 10.3% more than the year previously. Video is not just something people are passively watching. It’s something people are sharing with each other.
- Yahoo is even embedding video in its SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages), Google has been doing it for over a year with ‘universal search’ results often showing video thumbnails on the first page of the SERPs, and recently Gmail has a feature that allows users to view YouTube videos in their email messages.
Links you may visit for more information and to explore the power of online video marketing to be visible on internet, search engine, attract traffic to your website and increase sales of your E-commerce shores and shops.
Amerinde AM&PR Service
- Tags: Advertising, Buzz, Creative, E-commerce, Marketing, PR, Social, Technology, Video, Web